"EVERYONE IN RECOVERY DESERVES A CHANCE… HERE’S HOW TO GIVE THEM ONE!"
How to get involved: Two simple steps
- Pick a donation amount from the list
- Save lives! It's that simple!
(DISCOUNT NOT VALID ON ITEM)
Who it impacts
- We donate sober/clean/recovery clothes to folks in treatment or sober living who may not have clothes
- Our speaking engagements will be geared towards youth or treatment folks and the staffers of the inpatient program
- 129 overdoses every day. We can prevent with your help!
- The clothing is donated directly from our recovery collection.
- Wearing our clothing shows the world that #recoveryispossible and reinforces positivity in an addict's most vulnerable time; early recovery and right through the doors of the center when all they knew before was glamorizing addiction.
ie. TODAY WE END THE STIGMA AND USE THESE AS THEIR SOBER/RECOVERY SHIELDS!
- To show you donated include you or your organizations name in the "notes" box for promotion sent to where we donate and on our social media giving you credit for helping us and thousands more.
1. Package 1 includes chance to donate one tee and your personal name, business, or staff on a note in the package
2. Package 2 lets you include a special note to the center we choose to donate to that will be shared photos to our 175,000 social media followers and millions of views a month with your handle, work link, or personal link included!
3. Include a note and picture of you or your team in the package. Include that note and the picture to the center and our social media. We will also do a "promotion" and donation feature story of the package on our blog with backlinks, pictures, and credit to your website or social media.
4. Include a note and picture of you or your team in the package. Include that note and the picture to the center and our social media. We will also do a "promotion" and donation feature story of the package on our blog with backlinks, pictures, and credit to your website or social media. ADDITIONAL: Includes 1 EXTRA social media shoutout on all of our social media accounts showing your kindness to helping recovery and generate you business, as well as an on side ad banner for one month saying that you are the clothing affiliate and primary sponsor for the selected month! Kudos to you for choosing to affiliate with such an awesome brand!
5. Full affiliate program includes everything in package 4 as well as a written testimonial of your program after a consult and conversation with our owner, founder, designer, and author! Also includes up to 5 free tee shirts for you and your staff as a thank you, which will serve as an extra, extra social shoutout to our media outlets, and putting that photo in a blog as you are helping that many more recover.
If picked a package that involves social media you will be fed through all of these accounts and to millions and millions of views per month! Check it out!
Click here for --> TWITTER
Click here for --> INSTAGRAM
Click here for --> FACEBOOK
Click here for --> PINEREST
Click here for our previous recovery account --> TWITTER
Click here for our Recovery Advertising page --> TWITTER
WHY TO DONATE? How did I come up with this project?
"I met a mother, her name is Mary Beth. She has completely changed my life through her story. She is the owner of A Beautiful Mess Foundation. This is where she speaks out against addiction, and especially overdosing. MaryBeth has specific knowledge on what this is like because her mid 20’s son started abusing heroin and other painkillers in his youth. Unfortunately, MaryBeth lost her son to an overdose of alcohol and fentanyl laced heroin after his last stint in rehab. He was living in an unsafe “sober” living home, and by the time MaryBeth got the call from him, it was too late. With this in mind, we want to prevent overdoses for good! MaryBeth and her story is the pivotal reason we started this program, because we know the millions of others suffering just like her. Here's how MaryBeth and I started this program...
MaryBeth and I met during my first business, Your Inner Addict. With YIA I was the owner as well, but known for different things. I'd published three of my best selling memoirs and short story collections of books to raise awareness about addiction. But I had yet to discover what recovery writing was all about.
MaryBeth donated hundreds of dollars every month, on top of the books she was buying and donating to shelters. She was a pivotal part to why I am or who I am with Substance For You, being able to be here and tell the story. So, we want the voices of families of addicts to be heard loud and clear as well. Just like MaryBeth was with me. And from that point on, we had begun to change each other’s lives.
Pretty soon I started here, with Substance For You, and I was selling tee-shirts, eventually to bring my books back in. But, MaryBeth was in a whole different style of recovery. A recovery of codependency and grieving. Although she knows the tales of addiction and how addiction is killing so many people, she herself was not an addict. But, nonetheless the donations kept pouring in.
“Why?” I asked Marybeth. And she said, “Because someone needs to hear this message, your message. It would’ve saved my son's life to know you!” She then further explained that she was donating the clothing to family members in recovery, but more importantly, to recovery treatment centers; just like the best one her son had ever been to and our first donation spot for this project back in May 2016.
Now to start this program, I needed somewhere to donate to. With MaryBeth being the first of now many to donate, we chose the treatment center her son went to last. It was not only sentimental to her, but it gave a purpose to the cause. We were able to collect enough money for 20 of our 100% sober long sleeves, which were gladly accepted by ARCA treatment in North Carolina, USA. They gave away all of the new long sleeves to intake patients and some who were homeless and needed them on cold nights. They even framed one to forever show clients how they stand, 100% sober.
This is why I started a project to donate our recovery tees to treatment to reinforce the glamorization of recovery instead of addiction like modern society has had it. But, the vision I see with it is going to be so much bigger. The speaking tour, the thousands of more in donations we can collect now with different partnerships will be saving thousands of lives not just a few. And we need your help!"
-In the picture below of in the stack of clothing was roughly 20 long sleeves on our first donation back in May! This program was very successful but due to other endeavors with Substance For You it got put on the back burner.
We will donate once enough funds are collected for a bundle donation. Each time we donate we will take a photo of how much was donated and add it to the list of photos you see below for inspiration and proof that recovery is possible! Make a donation, save lives. It's that simple!